Posted Jun 24, 2016, 7:57 PM
|
|
Registered User
|
|
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 28,126
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by alt0
Hey guys – long time reader here, first time poster.
Just wanted to share this BIG development proposed in Toronto's King West. This proposal demonstrates architecture I'd love to see in Van. I think the peaks and valleys could look really cool against a backdrop of mountains, hills and water. Just imagine driving westbound on Hastings from the PNE to Railtown or on Kingsway and seeing smaller versions of this on either side as the sun sets. They aren't as offensive—to me, at least—as taller buildings in neighbourhoods that should densify but don't want to feel too urbanized (I'm thinking Arbutus corridor, around the Drive). Add a garden on every terrace and Van could compete with Singapore for whose built form looked more lush
Images were found on Globe & Mail: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/home...ngelss-plan-for-toronto/article28812865/.
More info here: http://www.big.dk/#projects-king
|
It looks cool but one can only begin to imagine the leakage problems with that style of terraced balcony in our wet winters.
|