Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster duck
I still think that the Massey Tunnel replacement bridge is completely overboard. For far less money, I think they could have upgraded the 91 to full 6 lane freeway, and replaced the 4 lane Massey tunnel with a 4 lane drawbridge across the Fraser.
Really, taking the Massey tunnel only has 2 advantages:
1) you're going to Delta - which is sort of hemmed-in growthwise by the agricultural land reserve.
2) you're going from Vancouver/Richmond to the ferry terminal at Tsawassen.
If you're traveling to south Surrey, White Rock or the border crossing, the 91 via the Alex Fraser bridge is not a detour.
|
The fact that you propose replacing a 4 lane tunnel with a 4 lane
drawbridge takes any credibility away from this post.
I don't think anywhere in the world this day and age is going to build a free flow highway with a
drawbridge across a river with high rates of marine traffic...