Quote:
Originally Posted by a very long weekend
i'm disappointed that the airbnb initiative didn't pass, personally, and i'm very disappointed also to lose christensen (like i was to lose olague). but on balance, it's a good result, on initiatives and elections. lee is auditioning for corporate boards at this point. but peskin is a very good guy, like cares deeply about the city, so even if he's a frustrating character; he's the opposition to the mayor that we've needed for the past years. it's highly frustrating peskin's nimbyis sometimes, but he's actually not anti-development.
i'm a highly pro-development type, but i also live in san francisco, and i think we should pepper peskin with ideas, rather than just being fuckwits rambling on about x or y.
|
I'm all for having opposition to the mayor, because clearly the guy is running the city unopposed as it stands. So I don't mind having "a Peskin" on the Board. But I agree with the previous poster that this means Central Subway to North Beach and beyond is now likely dead, and that's probably the most important pending development project in San Francisco.