HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive


The Laurel in the SkyscraperPage Database

• Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

• Map Location
• Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Oct 5, 2015, 11:36 PM
mja mja is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
I think people fighting to stop a highway that would displace thousands is a little different from people who try to stop building from going up because it may affect their views or because they dont want more congestion in an already urban neighborhood. I don't think the two groups deserve to get placed in the same category.
These aren't two distinct groups. The people generally fighting tall buildings are also the people fighting billboards are also the people fighting strip malls are also the people fighting expressways. Sometimes they're on the right side of the argument, sometimes they're not. Now, I'm not defending the current dynamic, but people here tend to be overly dismissive of the concerns of near neighbors. I agree that they've hurt development in the city in many cases, but they've also improved it at times, too.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:21 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.