HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Aug 25, 2015, 4:24 AM
Loco101's Avatar
Loco101 Loco101 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Timmins, Northern Ontario
Posts: 9,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_santos View Post
I went through Sundridge many times over the years and I never remember it being congested. Certainly a much more pleasant drive than the 401 through Toronto.

Home values took a hit because the region became less desirable as businesses closed. Same problem Detroit has. What I do know is that a flood of houses went on the market up there in the late 90s when the highway was announced and it often took 3-5 years to sell. Towns like Sundridge were just a little far from North Bay to be bedroom communities.
The economic decline was likely affected by a sawmill closure. Also, most smaller places haven't done well as people are centralizing more and more to larger centres.

I find the new highway bypassing around Sundridge and other nearby towns to be much faster and safer. I have even exited to Sundridge a few times for gas and food. I didn't like having to drive through the town and found it could really slow you down when you didn't want to go there.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:57 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.