Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive
The question is - and I'm looking out a year - with transit projects winding down, if we see less urban development and more negative impact from oil & gas where's the good paying jobs to support living in all those expensive new apartments going to come from?
|
I had a really interesting conversation with a property manager today who is involved with several new buildings Downtown. According to him their capital projections involve a 30% discount in rent over what they're charging today.
Interestingly these are the same numbers used to pitch investors. From their perspective they're just swimming in free money, which they know full well is going to stop at some point.
Point being: even at a 30% discount, developers still remain really bullish about Denver. Of course construction is going to slow, it has to.. but I don't think it's in any danger of drying up soon.