HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

The Alexander in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 2, 2015, 1:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japmes View Post
I believe that area is schedule to undergo significant park improvements, not development. Personally, I like the green space in that location. My question is, what happens to the soon-to-be-old Whole Foods? That block is an eye sore and could be used much better than it is.
Ya, gotta second that. Besides the ball field being an immensely successful public space in terms of use/usefulness to community, the parkway shouldn't be the Champs Elysées. Regardless of the boulevard's mystique and amazing sightlines, the actual feel of it is crappy (I live here ;-). It's just a bunch of big stores you find in every big city in the world, with no space to stroll, and chock full of fast food joints. The fact that the Parkway between Logan Square and PMA has green on either side I think is pretty critical to its charm and identity. Mid-rises meeting the street would just make it a big street. That being said, I definitely think more density should be added just beyond the green space on all sides.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive