HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted May 30, 2015, 5:53 AM
StevenF's Avatar
StevenF StevenF is offline
The Drifter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,172
I haven't posted on this topic of internal and external population growth discussion but figured I throw in my thought that I have had in my head since this started. Lets just say, "what if" the reason why we don't see as much external grown is because of our large young population. When a company moves or starts up an office in a new state, that company usually needs to transfer a good amount of its workforce to the new location. Here in Utah, because of so many universities and our young population, they just have to move enough to train people here and hire within the state.

I guess we should look at our growth for population percentage and job growth percentage and compare it to other states and see if there really has been a need for a huge amount of external influx of people to fill the jobs that are created.

Comrade, I totally understand your point of seeing a larger external growth but I don't see that happening unless our job growth outpaces our current internal growth we have in this state.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:16 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.