HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Oct 4, 2014, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
I noticed the Modern Taco location on Academy has since closed. They've still got the new location at Grant Park, but I wonder if the 'authentic' taco/Mexican trend is beginning to wane.

Taco Del Mar is owned by Subway, so I suspect they'll be alright in the long run - especially with the new model stores having both in a stand-alone location - but I wonder about the overall trend and smaller players. Modern Taco looks like a place that's being designed to be franchised...
I think most simply couldn't be bothered to go get a fast food burrito masquerading as a real burrito when they could go to Burrito Del Rio or something along those lines and still get something fast and relatively cheap. Same goes for Woody's. Why drive to Woody's when you can drive to Lovey's? There's locally owned alternatives that were putting out better quality food, and thankfully people seemed to realize this.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan