HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 28, 2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by original View Post
But there was a flood... or two! And all that money got washed away.

It's pretty sad considering they had a detour all set up, ready for a interchange to be built. Instead they built a large at grade intersection.
Ah yes...the flood!

Now I realize that under normal circumstances that 15/101 would be nowhere near the top of the priority list for an interchange. But seriously, how long can the province ignore the absolute traffic chaos that is created by the constant trains coming in and out of the CN rail yards, creeping along at 2 km/hr and often coming to a complete stop, blocking off rush hour traffic on 101 and Ravenhurst? I have sat at a train for over half an hour before which is completely unacceptable. Often I am late for work or speeding around the perimeter to try and make it on time because of another @!&#* train. I have seen lineups back all the way up Ravenhurst to Pandora, and up Pandora past the old Palliser building. Once the train finally clears that traffic takes forever to disperse because of course neither Ravenhurst or Dugald have been twinned.

If you ask me, an interchange at 15/101 with a rail overpass included would have been a way better place to put that $70 million or whatever they are spending on that stupid Plessis underpass. Maybe they could've even extended Pandora east to the perimeter with a merge lane onto SB 101 and a flyover from 101 onto Pandora for NB left turning traffic. Then Ravenhurst/Dugald intersection could be completely eliminated.

Sadly my money says I will never see anything done to improve this traffic nightmare in my lifetime.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan