HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 12, 2014, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWin View Post
Okay, here's another one. The residence office told my daughter that since she applied on time, she is guaranteed a residence room. But in the same sentence they said she was 174 on the wait list. To me, wait list says that all the rooms are spoken for and she has to wait for 173 cancellations.

But maybe all they mean is that when it comes time to assign rooms, 173 people are ahead of her for assignment.

Any thoughts?
I'll guess that everything will be fine. I think (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong) that each res student, regardless of having been in a house before, has to reapply each year. So if that's the case, being 173 on the list is great considering there's probably housing for probably 2000 people. Even if being 173 isn't including returning students, there's a large number of students who do not decide to go back for each year so room availability shouldn't be an issue.

I wouldn't worry; I've never heard of anyone's res application being rejected if it was submitted on time

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's