Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg
Considering that there are arcades and porches covering most of the sidewalks in Old Sacramento, and the sidewalks underneath are hollow (and in many cases, used as commercial space in basement-level restaurants and nightclubs) I don't see the tree idea getting much traction. Those hollow sidewalks are also a tourist attraction in their own right!
|
Do you even bother reading other people's post before responding? FYI the covered sidewalks are poor substitute for street trees. They do not provide half of the benefits. But you can't seem to understand that. Also if you had bothered reading my post you would understand that I'm not talking about planting trees in the wood sidewalks. You can always come up with a hundred reasons why something can't be done but come up short on solutions.
BTW what good has the Old City Assoc. really done for this city? Now you guys are trying to save the suburban-style housing projects in West Broadway because they're "historic." Really? Forgive me if I take your opinion with a grain of salt. Sorry to be so harsh but I've about had it with your Mr Know-it-all attitude.