HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations



Related Pages:  • San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum  • San Francisco Highrise Developments Map


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #9  
Old Posted Mar 26, 2014, 4:11 PM
Jerry of San Fran's Avatar
Jerry of San Fran Jerry of San Fran is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,570
I got back from Italy yesterday and it is great to see a lot of dialogue & pictures posted on the Skyscraper site while I was away. I spent a week in Bologna with day excursion to Parma, Ravenna and Padua.

I don't know if the book is in print, but I have one called Denial of Disaster. It is a very large format book with tons of information & pictures of San Francisco before the 1906 earthquake, of the damage after the quake and pictures of the fire. It is a very beautiful book. There were many tall buildings that survived the quake but burned. I worked in one for 15 years which survived the quake - the corner of New Montgomery & Mission Streets. The Rialto Building was dynamited in an attempt to stop the spread of the fire, but it was not brought down, it burned & was rebuilt. I went though a scary shake in the early 1970's in that building - it is about 12 stories tall.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:31 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.