HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Feb 24, 2014, 7:44 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 210 Livingston St | 280 FT | 26 FLOORS

The Next Tower To Rise In DoBro Will Be On Livingston Street
Monday, February 24, 2014, by Hana R. Alberts

Quote:
The Wall Street Journal reports that yet another new tower is coming to Downtown Brooklyn. Benenson Capital Partners and Rose Associates are partnering on a 300,000-square-foot mixed-use development that'll house both rental apartments and retail space. The former 1920s office building at 210 Livingston Street pictured above, catty-corner to Macy's, has already been demolished and is currently a pile of rubble, but a groundbreaking for the new building has yet to be scheduled. (No new building permit has been filed with the DOB yet.) The owners considered conversion to dorms or offices before settling on apartments, because come on, that's where the action is.

As of February 14th, 2014...

Tectonic

RoldanTTLB on Wired New York:
Quote:
On 210 Livingston, the lot is 25,112 sqft. FAR is 10. There is a 20% bonus for a public plaza. That makes for an office tower of 300,000 sqft. One has to imagine a lot coverage of maybe 50% with the public plaza, so that looks like about 12,000 sqft floor plates. That'd make for 25 floors straight up. 12ft plate to plate makes it 300ft tall (so not overly). There's an additional FAR bonus for inclusionary housing if they go residential. If the building were 432 Park proportions it could be 35 stories and 800 ft or so before any below market rate apts.

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive