HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Nov 29, 2013, 4:48 AM
Wharn's Avatar
Wharn Wharn is offline
Torontonian Refugee
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxy County
Posts: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
It wouldn't be the first time that companies commit brand suicide. Pathological, almost. It makes no sense from a business perspective. Gaming companies are terrible at listening to their hard-core customers. I recall the brouhaha ensuing from Diablo-3 launch (requiring online connection even though almost everyone was playing against AI, server busy, server busy, server busy, online auction problems, hacking....argh!).

I am back to playing SimCity4 on an old laptop (my newer hardware is all Mac, kinda useless for the good stuff).
I tell you, it's bizarre. The only sizeable game corporation nowadays that actually seems to "get" its consumers is Valve. You know you're doing something wrong when there is a stronger community for your 9-year-old games than there is for your 1-year-old titles.

As for SC4, if it were me, I'd install Windows on a secondary partition. Well actually if it were me I'd be using Windows (and Linux) exclusively. I'm pretty sure there was a Mac version of SC4, but with the elimination of Rosetta after OS 10.6.8 I doubt it would still run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljackey View Post
I've been working on a SC4 video series (with mods) if you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3Yl0lRNSH1j2uClwY-RLuKD2Bee8Cd1N

Have any mods installed? I'd recommend this one as a must-have: http://www.moddb.com/mods/network-addon-mod/downloads
I've been rocking the NAM since the days I was still playing SC4 on a Tualatin Pentium III. Excellent mod that accomplished what Maxis never could. Although if you modified things and set it to "perfect" pathfinding, that CPU would beg for mercy before falling over and dying. Wasn't really until the Core2Duo came out that the Sim City 4 gaming experience was perfected.

Again, EA, doesn't take much to please us. It didn't have to end this way.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:49 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.