HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Nov 21, 2013, 5:41 PM
RyeJay RyeJay is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waye Mason View Post
the peninsula is big and HRM can hit all its growth targets easily without starting to put 12 story towers on Oakland or Cedar or Cork or Leeds. The whole peninsula is not now, will not be zoned highrise.
Even though I used to 🞵🞵🞵🞵 at getting your name right, I certainly have paid attention to your posts. I respect your opinions and like a lot of your ideas. I admire your commitment to the city.

You know much more about these city planning cases than I do, so I am prefacing this as more of a request to correct what I'm not understanding about the process you're using as evidence.
I'm not sure how realistic HRM's targets are, nor am I certain that HRM's plans are broadly considering the unavoidable financial impact of sprawled infrastructure and public services debt if we do not achieve an adequate level of density throughout the city within a given frame of time. Yes, we assign numbers to the titles of these plans and give them legality for a duration -- but that says nothing about the density numbers we need to be hitting because of projected debt we will incur if we do not.

Hasn't the approach to density during the development of this Central Plan been lite on numbers and, instead, more reliant on residential consensus building?

Are we challenging ourselves or are we doing something politically safe? Do you have confidence in HRM's density targets?

I'm still trying to get over my bewilderment from so many people opposing 13 storeys...

It's not as though this proposal was a surprise replica of Purdy's Wharf.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:47 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.