HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations



Related Pages:  • Los Angeles Projects & Construction Forum  • Los Angeles Highrise Developments Map


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #9  
Old Posted Oct 3, 2013, 4:33 AM
citywatch citywatch is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by inSaeculaSaeculorum View Post
obviously the best use of that land is to preserve the tinker toy parking structure on it, declare it a Los Angeles Historic Cultural Monument and name the monument after citywatch
that's a wonderful idea! it would be so flattering. I'm touched & honored. So I've changed my mind. I hope Related not only cancels plans for grand ave but promises to keep the tinker toy parking structure & even expand it. Lovely.

I'm a bit irked that KCRW didn't bother to broadcast this evening's discussion at disney hall. They instead replayed some yawnfest from a previous broadcast. No wonder I often don't bother tuning in to that station.

blackcat23, you omitted the most telling bit of the article on the mack urban proj.....it involves only around 6 acres, which isn't much at all. When I first saw that article today...& the description of what sounds like a very ambitious housing devlpt, I immediately thought it was going to occupy a large amt of land. So unless the 6 acre figure is wrong, then the owner must be planning more of a piecemeal type of devlpt.

btw, I had to breeze by dt today & the thing that stood out to me is how scruffy the fwys are that lead to & from it. Litter everywhere on the embankments & landscaping all over the place that's dying from lack of water. Not a good sight for ppl whose sense of dt & LA is based on not just a few things, but many things.

I did notice a large piece of drilling type equipment on the section of the GH palmer da vinci proj that sits closest to the pasadena fwy & could see the other section of that apt proj, along temple St, rising but still not much past ground level. His projs, due to many of them being right next to high visibility fwys, are among the most noticeable in dt.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:57 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.