Quote:
Originally Posted by allan_kuan
Transit loses money?
I mean, sure, this is not HK or Japan, but that's a very poor generalization of the whole situation.
In fact, I'm pretty sure beating the heck out of all the poor buses that run on the 99 B-Line and other congested routes costs way more in the long run to maintain and repair. And surprise! TransLink's own documents on rapid transit expansions to Surrey and Broadway substantiate this to a large degree.
Please get the facts at least partially straight before such points are made...
(NOTE: My position on the matter has always been that I CONCUR with the rationale and need for a George Massey Tunnel replacement, but not the priority or design specification that has been given for it.)
|
Are you saying that the 99b line and skytrain would make money if there were no money losing routes feeding them? The system functions as one unit, you can't simply pick and choose transit routes that make money and ignore those that don't. Transit does not pay for it's self.