Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinook
Is it just me, or do the Winnipeg threads seem to have the most dysfunctionality out of all the city-specific threads in the Canadian section? I've read city-specific threads in other Canadian subforums, and I have never seen such dysfunctionalism in those threads to the same degree as I see in Winnipeg threads. Is there any particular reason for that? There seems to be constant bickering, belittling, racism and other negative posts that seem to creep into every single Winnipeg thread. Regardless of what it is, it is a very poor reflection on Winnipeg and the citizens as it most certainly does NOT reflect my hometown. Maybe it has to do with the moderators and how they run the show here? I have no idea, but it certainly takes away from the experience of SSP.
Just my two cents.
|
I'm not sure why this thread is so much worse than others on this forum. Maybe it reflects the annoyance/anger many have at this city/province, constantly having high hopes that are dashed for one reason or another.
As for the racism, I feel like Manitoba is at the front of the Native debate as our Native population is very high compared to other parts of Canada. As a result there are some very strong opinions on it (often considered racist).