HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 20, 2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
Moncton should go big for the reasons that both MonctonRad and NBNYer have listed. Getting that 10K threshold opens up opportunities for a plethora of more events. Events like The Brier require there to be at least 8/10K capacity. Music concert tours often set 10K as a minimum capacity. Etc., etc. If you go small (7/8K) you're voluntarily closing yourself off to events that otherwise would consider Moncton in a heartbeat.
Heehee. This is like saying I NEED my Porsche cause its really fast and handles great. No, I NEED a car to get to work. I wanted a Porsche and could afford it.

There needs to be an actual business case to see if Moncton can afford what they want. Does the potential of 1-2 extra events per year generate enough revenue to justify the cost?

It sounds like what you guys really want is Harbour Station in Saint John. Harbour Station has I think 7100 seats today with the ability to add another 2000 or so by completing the West End. At the moment there are luxury boxes installed there but the capability to expand to around 9000 exists. Moncton probably needs something similar so they can grow is there is real demand.

I have never been in the Coliseum but saw some pictures from the interior. I can see why folks want it replaced so badly. Unfortunately the Feds wont contribute a cent as long as Harper is in power. The city may be wise to try and time things when they anticipate a new government taking over, though that could be a number of years.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces