I don't know how I really feel about these little towns trying to create a faux downtown. Hopefully they base it on a classic city grid system.
Highland is trying to create their little downtown, creation, thing ...and then they forgot that they don't allow businesses to be open on Sunday which in turn caused Smiths Marketplace to build just over the western border in Lehi (allows businesses to be open on Sunday), Walmart just over the SE Highland border in Cedar Hills (also allows businesses to be open on Sunday). I think that stupid law is a little overbearing from local leadership. You're either pro-business or your're not. Highland has some people that don't realize this. Anyway, enough with my rant...
http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/no...10bb5f3-2ea9-5445-8af8-169d1b2f560e.html
Eagle Mountain planning a downtown development
EAGLE MOUNTAIN -- The city leaders and staff of Eagle Mountain are looking both toward the past and the future in a new proposed master plan.
A central downtown area similar to Lehi Main Street or Provo Center Street may well be the most essential part of the design. The plan is not held by time constraints as of yet, cautioned Steve Mumford, Eagle Mountain's planning director.