Posted Nov 9, 2012, 7:27 PM
|
|
Registered User
|
|
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,811
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado
Somehow, I can't help but think that any plan to put a tram or LRT line down Rideau and Montréal would have led to massive opposition (both residents and businesses), especially west of St. Laurent Blvd.
Such a line wouldn't directly serve most of the former base anyway; an alignment via King Edward, St. Patrick, Beechwood and Hemlock would (and would be easier to construct as well) but I'm sure it too would run into a mass of opposition.
Given the bizarre original proposal for Rockcliffe and that it wouldn't have been directly served by LRT anyway, perhaps the various cancellations were a blessing in disguise. There's still an opportunity to plan for a true TOD community based around a Beechwood-Hemlock alignment
|
I thought the original intent was to run a branch line into the Rockcliffe development from Montreal Road.
|