Quote:
Originally Posted by mellbell416
I still haven't heard any good arguments for the Eau Claire station, and IMHO it would big a waste of mucho bucks.
|
I don't think the Eau Claire station is a must-have while only the SELRT is built, although having only one downtown station for the SELRT will make that terminal extremely busy.
Continuing north from the same line, up 2nd st W towards the bow, and eventually under the river to Ctr Street N, it makes very good sense to build a station at Eau Claire. Eau Claire is actually kind of far from the LRT relative to the rest of downtown and supports a lot of captive transit market from surrounding hotels, offices, Chinatown, and festival goers.
I wonder if there is a way that the SELRT could be made operational with only stops at QP, Inglewood, Stampede Park, and Central, while the rest of the stations are being constructed. If so, would it be worth considering, or do the relatively cheap price of low-floor stations relative to the expensive price of ROW negate this idea.