HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations



Related Pages:  • Los Angeles Projects & Construction Forum  • Los Angeles Highrise Developments Map


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Sep 13, 2012, 4:00 AM
BrandonJXN's Avatar
BrandonJXN BrandonJXN is offline
Ascension
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Riverside, California
Posts: 5,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRCRASH View Post
But really, how many people are gonna think of downtown LA when they hear that?
The same people who think of Santa Monica when you say 'Lets go to Third Street.' Things sound much better when they are organic. And I'm not talking about Trader Joes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesDreamin View Post
I actually like this idea... I've seen dozens of malls in metro manila with office or condo towers built on top of it. I've always thought since LA is a mall city.. they should build a vertical mall instead of a huge horizontal one.
DTLA should have retail yes but a mall? No. We already have a crappy one (Macy's Plaza). I'd be 100% on board if Macy's Plaza were to undergo a Santa Monica Place type renovation but I don't want to see malls all over DTLA. If there WERE to be a mall, it should be something like LA Central. Or just build LA Central.
__________________
Washed Out
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:58 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.