HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Nov 21, 2011, 5:31 PM
IanS IanS is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by racc View Post
There will be I expect a robust debate regarding the viaduct options over the next few months both by themselves and as part of the transportation plan. I would think that options to remove all or parts the viaduct would be accompanied by major transit improvements including the Evergreen Line, expanded capacity on the Expo Line and the UBC Line. It would even like to see an eastward extension of the Expo Line from Waterfront along the Hastings/Powell corridor. If this happened, I think removing the viaducts would be a no brainer.
I sure hope you're right here. Given the outcome of the weekend election, I'm not sure who will be debating exactly. Probably posters on this and other boards, I guess. Robust? Sure. Futile? Almost certainly.

But I do hope that some common sense prevails and the viaducts are not removed until far in the future, when all of the transit improvements you identify are in place.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:44 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.