HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Nov 11, 2011, 6:41 PM
DarkKeyo DarkKeyo is offline
Transit/Cartography Geek
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbertram View Post
I'm wondering why the North LRT line needs to be on (under) Centre St in the downtown core?

If the line was built under 4th St west, it still hits most of the CBD, plus Prince's Island, and can stay buried under the River, Sunnyside and Rosedale until it reaches 16th Ave.
I'm trying to understand what you mean here.

Fusili covered why to use Centre St north of the core, but you said *in* the downtown core. I don't understand how it is any different to tunnel under the hill 4 blocks west of Centre St, especially since that brings it under part of Sunnyside, and then curves it rather drastically under the middle of Prince's Island Park to meet the SE Line's Eau Claire station under 2nd St.

I realize this isn't the NCLRT thread, but I would rather talk about this until my initial reaction of "What?!" wears off at this 4 month delay.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:49 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.