HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Oct 15, 2011, 10:27 PM
5seconds 5seconds is offline
Closed account
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage View Post
For Calgary Transit to be effective they must be on time, dependable, safe, and comfortable.
What you need to mention is that it has to be these things *relative* to the alternatives. If the alternatives are worse, then Calgary Transit will be more attractive by comparison. If perimeter seating does lead to loses that affect Calgary Transit and their mandate, then it would have to be looked at, but I personally don't see it happening. Also, your list ignores cost. This is a pretty big factor for a great many people.

You mention several times that perimeter seating finds favour with Metro systems all over the world but you mention that the LRT is light rail, and above ground. Why do you feel this is an important distinction? I don't see the difference when it comes to seat configurations.

Having lived in London, I have a very hard time thinking that the LRT will lose people due to perimeter seating. I am not sure why Calgary would be any different to most of the world in this respect. Wer'e not that unique, are we?



(Also, I'm not sure the cost/comfort equation holds as much weight for a transit system as it does for an airline. A 20 minute journey does not call for nearly the comfort a 10 hour journey would require)

Just my 2¢
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:42 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.