HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 5, 2011, 8:11 PM
~Hook'em~

Here are some pictures I just took off my back deck of Austin with some of the fires behind it. These are looking east from my home in west Austin. There are many more fires out around the lake west (behind me taking pictures) but I am unable to get them very well as shooting into the west sun the smoke really doesn't work in the pictures. It is still kinda hard to see much of the smoke in some of the fires in these pictures. The ones on the opposite side of the city is easy, but the fires south of Bastrop are much harder to see from my pictures. Look to the right of the city on some of the zoomed out ones and you can see those fires down in Bastrop County.

I have a farm out on the other side of Bastrop near Smithville and I tried going out there this morning but Highway 71 which goes from Austin to Houston was shut down and they wouldn't let me go. Which was probably a good thing.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin