Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre47
Does the City of Gatineau and/or Chelsea and/or the NCC really looking everywhere to see if there are unsafe sections of roads created by the massive rainstorm of about ten days ago.
Why I bring this up? Well look at the image taken from Le Droit where it shows a section of Pink Road in Aylmer where side portions of the road have collapsed due to the rainstorm and nothing has been placed to prevent cars and cyclists of hitting or falling into the hole. It's been like this for over a week.
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/le-droit/actua...un-trou-beant-laisse-sans-protection.php
Similarly one of my friends hit a similar pothole/crack/bump on Notch Road on a treacherous section where sides of the road were also damaged by the rain and presumably nothing was done to prevent motorists or cyclists of hitting the damaged portions. Result, she ended the rest of her trip to work (about 5 km or so) with pipes from the car scraping the roadway. That's the second time in just over a week, that her car suffered due to this same rainstorm.
If I'm able to bike this weekend I might check the area to see how bad the roads are around the Pink/Vanier/Cook/Notch/Mine/La Montagne/Klock Road area
|
I know this may be kind of late, but on Notch Rd at least they've fixed things up and put appropriate signage telling you that there's bumps ahead.