HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 7:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon716 View Post
^Harper wasted billions on G20 spending not related with the G20 (with a B) and people looked over it, particularly Ontarians who gave him a majority government. Why should ehealth and OLG matter to Ontarians on a provincial level?
So to sum up your point, Harper got away with slush spending and because he's big bad CPC, so its ok for McGuinty and the Liberals to get away with their piss poor spending too!

Neither spending is right, Harper got his majority due to the collapse of the federal Liberals, the provincal Liberals will follow their national counterparts!

Quote:
What I saw is that McGuinty wanted to revolutionize health records and convert it to a modern database system, he handed the program over to who he thought would be good leaders, and they screwed the program up and wasted a billion $$$. So he cut the program and let them go. Nothing that exciting if you ask me... He has vision and leadership and tried to make a big accomplishment with the conversion of health records, and he failed.
So Ontario should just say no big deal, your government gave it a half-assed effort, you had such a great revolutionary view that the epic failure and cost overruns aren't a big concern. All that matters is effort, here's a third term Dalton!

Quote:
You seem to be an emotional voter, not a results-oriented or issues voter. Your emotional desire to personally pay lower taxes is getting stroked by Hudak's relentless "tax cut, spending cut" mantra, and despite the fact that he says absolutely nothing more substantive than that, it is making your ego get bigger and bigger every time he says cut... Its the emotion you're running on.
Hmm I guess if you consider consider disappointment in politicians not honouring their electoral promises emotional, I don't see what your getting at with emotions, its more about integrity or lack thereof. McGuinty ran specifically in 2003 on the promise of no tax increases, that's not emotions, it's a historical fact. He broken that promise and many more, all in the name of "progress".

If McGuinty had been truthful and said, we need to invest in heathcare and education that requires tax increases then there would be less of an issue. But he clearly lied and I have no respect for him or his cause!

I and sure other Ontarians could accept tax and spending polices as long as that's what we knew we were getting into. McGuinty talked up all the spending, and improvements but conveniently stayed quiet about the tax increases. But then he wouldn;t have become premier eh

Quote:
You also haven't checked to realize the entire conservative caucus supports the HST behind closed doors and out of the public eye, as it was a tax simplification issue to most Liberals and Conservatives (the HST politically enjoys near unanimous support out of the public eye).

The HST was also relatively neutral. It raised energy prices since the PST portion was applied on gas and energy, but it also cut taxes in other areas. Again, revenue neutral. But that "tax cut, spending cut" mantra just SOUNDS so delicious. I want a piece of the pie. MMMMMMMMMM

Got it. Now I understand why Hudak is polling well... Emotion and personal ego.

If Ontarians make the mistake they look like they are making with Hudak, then that carrot he throws you will have no calories. You'll see meaningless tax reductions and a gutting of Ontario's services just like the Harris years.
When did McGuinty say in the 2007 election he would bring in the HST? Not once!

HST is a good piece of policy which I admit, however McGuinty did not mention it once in his 2007 campaign, and unlike the Liberals in BC didn't even bother consulting the people of Ontario on their input.

Unlike Chretien, Hudak has never called for the HST to be scrapped just for it to be reformed or provincal portions to be repealed on energy since Ontario would pay a huge penalty for breaking HST government with the feds!

Again you go on about emotion, like tax cuts are all I or others care about. Its about honestly and keeping promises.

You might not of liked the Harris PC era, but Harris was honest about the level of spending & tax cuts that he was going to implement with the Common Sense Revoltuion. I appreciated honesty more than deceitful lying that got Dalton & Co. elected!

Quote:
There doesn't need to be another embarrassing hole dug on Eglinton Ave just for it to be filled back in, for example... Hudak is just not right for Ontario at this time and juncture. Tax cuts, spending cuts aren't what Ontario needs. Ontario needs innovation and investment.
I agree with you on the last point, Ontario does need innovation and investment. However continuing high deficits for programs we cannot afford is will not lead to further innovation or investment. Cut the fat, shrink the bureaucracy, stand up against public unions and we might actually get some of these things.

Is Hudak some great white in shinning armour? No. But he's a breathe of fresh air and someone that more business and investment friendly than McGunity and his band of crooks!

Either way the Ontario PCs have a 10 point lead on the Liberals, it's gonna be a mop uop for them in October

Last edited by Pimpmasterdac; Jul 27, 2011 at 7:21 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario