HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Jul 23, 2011, 6:37 PM
floobie floobie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 474
I think temporal zones make sense.

Spacial zones, I'm not fully convinced. If they were to be implemented, I think they would have to be dead simple, and really only affect a handful of stations. Maybe have the outer zones consist of the last 2 or so stations at the terminus of each line.

In either case, I think how and why they're used is more important than anything. They should encourage use, not discourage it. Really, the idea is to reward people for helping out the system, either by taking shorter trips or using it during off-peak hours. Punishing people for not doing that will just make hordes of people say "— it" and drive instead. Now, I'm not convinced that you can reward a group without sort of implicitly punishing another group. If that's the case, I'm not a fan of the idea.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:20 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.