Posted Jul 21, 2011, 8:55 PM
|
 |
Paramoderator
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Santa Monica / New York City
Posts: 3,234
|
|
Concerning the bike sharing program:
I would expect Metro to roll them out slowly, starting with the already urban areas. And since this is Metro, not LADOT, we will prolly see them in places like Santa Monica, West Hollywood, and other non L.A. County places that are urban and dense.
Concerning 7th Street and the bike lanes:
GREAT NEWS! Now, what type of bike lanes will these be? 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵, basic white stripes, nicer green painted ones, or luxurious grade-separated ones?
Concerning the Westside and urbanity:
The Westside may not be as dense as L.A., but I can't say it isn't urban. Or at least walkable. I live right off of San Vicente in Santa Monica, and I have a minute walk to Brentwood a huge variety of food options or a five minute bike ride to Montana with even more food and clothing options. Yes, it isn't dense. But isn't having options close enough for a tolerable, walking commute the definition of a walkable, urban city?
|