Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlossi
BTW, Buzz Wine shop has opened up (the photo above reminded me). Huge selection, mostly mid-range and higher. Nice place!
Also, the Last Bookstore is open in the northwest corner space at 5th and Spring. Urbano at 6th and Hope now open. Chipotle open and always busy as hell. Green Hut Cafe open and seems to be doing good lunch business.
Perch (new incarnation of the Must) opens in July. I haven't seen anyone inside Industriel at 6th and Grand lately (formerly Carl's Jr.), but I wouldn't be surprised if they were near to opening. Cabbage Patch now open for dinner, but nobody knows about that yet so they don't seem to have too many customers at night.
I e-mailed the owners of CoffeeBar to ask what was up with their closing at 3pm or 6pm depending on the day... they said that they aren't doing too well and need to focus on the portion of their business that doesn't bleed money. It's strange, because you see so many people out there all day. On the other hand, people will sit there for hours and order a $4.00 cup of coffee. They must not be doing the volume they need to be doing, especially after an expensive build-out on the space. I'd recommend you support that business if you want to see it stay open.
The retail space at the northwest corner of 6th and Olive is leased, and I heard it's going to be retail. The former Famima space at 8th and Figueroa is under construction... looks to be a restaurant. Construction at the Main Mercantile Lofts (6th/Main) retail space, but I'm not sure if that's to redo the retail space to make it more attractive or if it's been leased. That was one of the ugliest street-level facades in Downtown for a while.
|
I went to the Coffeebar once and had a very expensive cup of coffee and a pastry that was very marginal. They really need to look add some plants and flowers on their patio. It is too sterile. With such a huge patio, they could really make it more of a "garden". Also, the landlord needs to clean the white sidewalks more often.