HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Sutton Place Nova Centre in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Halifax Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Nov 27, 2010, 1:55 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by halifaxboyns View Post
I've been enjoying the BS that the Save the view facebook has been posting. Apparently students at DAL are upset that money would be spent on this versus education. As much as I'm tempted to say why aren't they upset over money for roads, hospitals and anything else, I've decided to just ignore it. They are grasping, as is Tim and the whole anti-project crowd. I'm convinced thanks to Fenwick's economic analysis that even at the worst case; this would be a money neutral thing. But I am taking a positive position and I think this will be a good thing. It's certainly better than the whole in the ground there now!
Thanks halifaxboyns, however, I wouldn't call my opinions an economic analysis. My gut feeling based on a bit of basic research is that the new convention centre will work out in Halifax's favour in the coming years. (I feel that Halifax will be a very desirable location for national conventions - as it has been in the past).

Phil Pacey was reportedly handing out flyers regarding the convention centre on the Dalhousie University campus (a few weeks ago) - probably stating that the convention centre will decrease money for education (or something along those lines). Thus the reaction from Dalhousie University students; otherwise the majority of these students would hardly notice a proposal for a convention centre complex.

Dalhousie University seems to be a hotbed of convention centre opposition. Didn't a couple of architecture professors also write negative commentaries in the Chronicle Herald?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth