HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #9  
Old Posted Aug 13, 2010, 6:48 AM
llamaorama llamaorama is offline
Unicorn Wizard!
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,419
It must be a common idea putting a line up through western Mass as opposed to along the coast, its a fantasy I've had as a train geek. It is the straight line between Boston and New York, after all.

Anyways, I'm skeptical anything like that would be built in the US, where does the money come from? I'm more interested in realistic ideas that involve of upgrading the existing infrastructure to consistent medium speed operations,cutting the prices of taking the train, making overall trips easier and shorter. What I'm saying is, would perhaps more frequent service and cheaper fares do more than a marginal increase in speed in a cost vs. benefits comparison? In what ways could a small one time investment reduce the amount of public subsidy needed by the system?

I don't know anything about transportation, this is just my opinion.

Last edited by llamaorama; Aug 13, 2010 at 7:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:48 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.