Quote:
Originally Posted by planarchy
Well statements like this say a lot. Desperate for anything. Rank would have been better off renovating the herald building. If you see it now, with just the concrete skeleton, you can easily imagine a beautiful renovation of the building - think the Tip Top warehouse conversion in Toronto - but with a better ground level. It is the perfect scale to compliment the other side of Argyle street. Loft apartments above - maybe a 'glass box' addition to give a few more floors, and retail replacing garages on the bottom floor. A missed opportunity.

|
I think that your taste in architecture is unique to you. I would much rather have the newly proposed Rank convention centre than this converted warehouse. I live in the Toronto area and the Rank development is easily better than 90% of the architecture in the Toronto area. Even though Toronto is a big city with a lot of interesting architecture, a lot of the new construction is nothing exceptional.
I feel that you are getting annoyed because people won't agree with your point of view, but the fact is that a lot of people really like this proposal.