sorry, but......
As much as I don't really care for the Banking Hall at the Royal Centre, I think a building like this, looks "Edmontonish or "Winnipegish" (excuse me, neighbours) in that it is small, pokey in scale relative to the surrounding area, will fill in view space with mediocrity, and does not align well with the rest of Georgia. In addition to some nice really tall (600+) towers in that area, I'd like to see some open plaza space.
If RBC could put their banking hall underground, with a geodesic dome roof - rather like the ones at Robson Square - that would let in daylight and sunlight, and provide an area for people to walk around on, that, IMHO would be better than filling up that corner with a mid-size, bland, characterless piece of clutter that does little or nothing for the cityscape.
Either put the banking hall semi-subterranean, OR build a really tall, sleek, flasher that would utterly dramatize that key corner (even if it blocks the sun and the sky, and creates a hemmed-in, claustrophobic feeling)
That's just my opinion on it. Thank you
Last edited by trofirhen; Dec 11, 2009 at 4:09 AM.
|