HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Aug 25, 2009, 2:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
Plans for the Joske's building (formerly occupied by Dillard's) have been stalled.

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblog...mmer.html#more

Fogo de Chao will open at the end of the month. An unnamed night club (perhaps Blackstone Lounge?) will open beneath it. Plans across from this site will include 3 restaurants (2 new to SA). Construction may begin before years end.
Fogo, I'm assuming, had a soft opening or special invite event today.... It was packed in there.
It creates a huge buzz from street level and draws attention to the Mall.

The Aztec is lit up on St. Marys and the corner, brings a little bit of action to the core of Commerce.

Durango Phase of Victoria Commons is looking good. They are on the 4th floor on building 1 and should start on the 2nd floor on building 2. It almost brings a sense of great density on that part of Durango. Either that or I guess I just got used to having an empty lot there.

Expansion of the Justice Center is topped out. 10 floors adds alot to that area. It should fill out nicely once the skeleton gets finished out.

Also in that area, once the Neisner/Towneplace nears completion, it shouldn't be too long before we see the old Ace Mart get reused into a Springhill Suites on Durango/Flores; just to add a little more height/density in that area. They should get started soon, the site says Summer 2010 opening. I've seen dates move, but it still seems within reach.

Took a closer look at Indigo... the marble in the Lobby looks great. They've done a good job with that place.

Embassy Suites is getting ready to pour the 3rd floor. Should be soon, maybe this weekend. I'll be taking pics once they do.

Those 3 (Embassy, Townplace, Indigo) are going to greatly increase the activity on Houston St.

Great things happening DT.

side note: don't know if anybody else caught it, but on the HDRC agenda prior to the current one (early Aug.,) there were new plans for a new "face" to the Market Square. It was the first time I've seen it, so I'm sure we'll see it go through again. From what I saw, it removed the stage and bridge/elevator along Produce Row, opened up the windows along Produce Row and Commerce, and redesigned a new entrance for better recognition by visitors.
cake and keep it, too.
- Harlan Douglass, The Suburban Trend, 1925

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio