HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Business, Politics & the Economy


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #2  
Old Posted Jan 28, 2009, 7:04 PM
highdensitysprawl's Avatar
highdensitysprawl highdensitysprawl is offline
Highrise
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre47 View Post
More controversy at City Hall. One of O'Brien's workers during his campaign did some consultant work related to the strike.

The criminal trial cannot come soon enough
You know I'm totally ashamed to admit it that I voted for him.....Chiarelli was to me a man without much drive or plans to rein in spending, Munter is in my mind too intelligent to be a Mayor and he can't fake the populist streak that often gets people voted in and then out of the blue came O'brien promising change and getting the City back to the core services.....boy oh boy was I ever wroing.....

Looking back on it all, I wish I had voted for Munter.....Munter to me is sort of like TVO/PBS or the CBC....we nod our heads that we agree with him or like the programming but at the end of the day we go for the populist fireworks show of some commercially driven media outlet. Clear as mud.

Who would like to bet that just before the trial begins that O'Brien resigns in order to 'avoid having innocent peoples integrity dragged through a court trial'.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Business, Politics & the Economy
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:42 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.