HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Nov 22, 2008, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
The California St line is absolutely not "overrun with tourists". I have NEVER been unable to board the first car to pass me or leave if I'm at either end of the line. I can't say if it's faster than the 1 bus but it's a whole lot more pleasant.

I do NOT wish the California St line would be extended because the tourists have all they need now to keep them entertained and it works well for locals as it is.

You go ride one of Muni's lousy jerky busses with their cranky drivers and leave my cable car, with its smiling operators, to me and Amanita. We know how to get around our town.

PS--Along with thousands of other San Franciscans, I'd rather ride the Market St. streetcars than the subway too.
I clearly said that the California line was NOT overrun with tourists but WAS duplicated by several faster, much cheaper to operate trolleybus lines. The expense of operation SHOULD mean that the line cater to tourists - they cost more per passenger than any other transit form in town. Too me, that means that their purpose is tourism - or they have none. Otherwise, we should invest the money in other transit used by more people to make the city function.

I agree on the Market St streetcars though, just wish that there were more of them so that they weren't so crowded.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos