HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #21  
Old Posted Oct 15, 2008, 3:25 AM
flar's Avatar
flar flar is offline
..........
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southwestern Ontario
Posts: 15,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by salvius View Post

Interestingly, I was driving past the escarpment today, cursing myself for not waking up earlier to take a side trip down the Bruce Trail that goes past Dundas Peak. I was wondering how many of the leaves turned colour. Well, that question has been answered!
The leaves on that part of the escarpment always turn first, a lot of Hamilton is still mostly green. In past years I've always been too busy and missed out on the fall colours, I hope to get out for some more photos next weekend.


Quote:
Originally Posted by go_leafs_go02 View Post
I gotta check out Waterdown sometime. with only a bus pass, I don't get out much around Hamilton.

Websters falls i've hit up quite a few times, but that's about it.

Hamilton is gorgeous in its natural beauty. Or should I say Wentworth County. The original city of Hamilton is a completely different story.
There's not really much to see in Waterdown, it's mostly suburban housing and big boxes with the small Victorian core that I've shown in the pictures.


Quote:
Originally Posted by raisethehammer View Post
I hope you've got energy for another photo tour next weekend...the colours will blow these away...we're about to hit prime time for colours.

Hamilton is a beautiful spot. Today a band of San Fran style fog rolled in off the harbour. I snapped some pics from the mountain brow looking at it past the downtown skyline...was beautiful.
The escarpment runs right through downtown, the harbour, Cootes Paradise, RBG and Dundas Valley all exist right in the urban heart of the city.
Indeed, there is a lot of natural beauty in Hamilton, even in the old city.



Quote:
Originally Posted by xzmattzx View Post
Flamborough is west of Hamilton, correct? I think I drove through that area when I drove to Kitchener. I remember taking King Street up the Escarpment on my drive there, and being awestruck of the view. I tried getting a picture while driving back, and it turned out alright, but the view in real life is much better than my picture.

Where's Waterdown? I don't think that I've heard of that place. Was/is it as big as Dundas was/is?
You definitely drove right through Greensville on your way to Kitchener. There is actually more to Greensville than meets the eye. There are quite a few subdivisions with nice homes on large lots, it's a bit like the typical American style sprawl up there.

Waterdown is east of Greensville along Hwy 5. Waterdown is almost as big as Dundas now and growing extremely fast. The current developments should bring Waterdown's population over 30,000, surpassing Dundas. Historically Dundas was always been larger than Ancaster and Waterdown but the latter two towns had much more room to expand. Ancaster has grown immensely in recent years and has much more population than Dundas now. Dundas is trapped in a valley and is now building up instead of out.
__________________
RECENT PHOTOS:
TORONTO • SAN FRANCISCO • ROCHESTER, NY • HAMILTON • GODERICH, ON • WHEATLEY, ON • COBOURG, ON • LAS VEGAS • LOS ANGELES

Last edited by flar; Oct 15, 2008 at 3:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:41 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.