HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jun 14, 2008, 6:20 PM

the whole uninterrupted view point is kind of bogus. Has anyone noticed how much the marina takes away from the uninterrupted water feel from grant park in the summer. It's kind of intimidating.

I always go out to the tips of the points up and down the lakefront if I want to get out of the city and along the actual physical lake.

From this view, the actual wind turbine heads would line up with the current breakwater you see to her right (our left) and the tower would about rise just over her shoulder on the side she has her head cocked away from.

I'm not saying that it won't block a lot of the lake, but this is the about the 25th floor of a modernist building and all you are getting blocked is the breakwater that is manmade and underwhelming, and barely does justice of defining this harbor.

I know this won't happen, but if it did, we would be surprising the world again.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects