Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123
I don't have access to AllNovaScotia but they have two headlines - one about the conference centre and one about a $400M development ("Farhad Vladi's $400 Million Redevelopment Of Downtown Halifax").
Are these developments all related or are they separate? $400M sounds awfully expensive for anything less than a full-sized office tower. There's also very little land next to TD or the Royal Bank buildings.
Anyway, it's looking like we'll get at least one major office development very soon, which is unsurprising given rents and vacancies.
|
I read it today at work and my recollection is that he was saying that he was bidding on the convention center proposal call and would use the RBC site. If he didn't get the convention center he was able to build 16 storeys as of right and would tear down the existing building to build a new office tower on the site.
I have not heard of this guy prior to today.