HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver


View Poll Results: What is the most compelling UBC project or proposal?
University Town 34 31.19%
University Boulevard 34 31.19%
Museum of Anthropology Expansion 13 11.93%
UBC Winter Sports Centre 11 10.09%
Irving K. Barber Learning Centre 7 6.42%
Sauder School of Business building redevelopment 10 9.17%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2008, 5:25 PM
quobobo quobobo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,053
🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 Ubyssey. Hopefully I'll remember to opt-out of their fees this year.

Having lived on campus for a year, I think I'm entitled to say this: life on campus is dead boring, and inconvenient to boot. It's a good experience for first year, but they'd have to pay me to go back.

Quote:
Why is UBC bent on becoming a small town? What benefit does this bring to students that the University is supposed to serve?
I don't know, convenience? Maybe it would be nice to have more than 10 people on campus during the weekend? Better shopping than the Village with its one tiny and expensive grocery store?

These people clearly haven't ever had to make the really-🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵-long walk (15-20 minutes from Totem/Ritsumeikan/Marine Drive) to the bus loop from most residences , wait 5-10 minutes for a bus, and then take a 10 minute bus ride just to get groceries. I envy UT and McGill for not being located in the middle of nowhere.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:21 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.