HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Nov 13, 2007, 11:57 PM
SamInTheLoop SamInTheLoop is offline
you know where I'll be
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,578
November Plan Commission Agenda

Looks like another lame agenda this month at the Plan Commission. I believe only one downtown high-rise, and that is just an amendment for the Hotel Palomar project. I know some may not believe it, but I really think the net result of our two new downtown alderrmen will be a noticeable slowdown in projects making it through the approval process. Their misguided efforts to build community consensus (as if this were even a remotely acheivable phenomenon) on every project that comes before them will, in the aggregate, slow down high-rises projects on their way to Plan Commission.

The other thing that also always strikes me as odd, is here we are in the rapidly redeveloping 3rd largest city in the nation, and our city's Plan Commission spends a lot of its precious time on dinky little projects - 6 units here, 15,000 square feet there, etc. Perhaps they should go before some other body?...
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:37 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.