HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Aug 9, 2007, 8:00 AM
Azndragon837 Azndragon837 is offline
Desert Urbanite
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 1,433
All,

I agree with the Goldwater on this issue as well. Sean, I am going to have to disagree with you on this topic. Everytime I hear the name "CityNorth" (or how I quote the CityWok Chinese Guy in South Park: ShittyNorth) I shutter because of the massive amounts of subsidies Phoenix basically give away.

I like Don's analogy of the two kids getting nothing and the third getting everything. It's about how fair this is. This project would have happended anyways, or it would have went across the freeway to Scottsdale. It does not matter to me, because I can't afford the 🞵🞵🞵🞵 the luxury development will sell. I'll take my Target any day.

Developers developing property on the city periphery should never get any help from the city. I would be less "irratated" if subsidies were handed to developers that want to develop in the core, which we all know is more difficult to build in with land values and tight spaces. Again, it's unfair to others.

Adding subsidies to a suburban development is not helping with downtown development at all. Again, we are still at 98% suburban fill and 2% infill, and CityNorth just doesn't help our goal of a more vibrant downtown because of the money handed to the developers.

If I were a downtown developer trying to construct a mixed-use condo tower, I'd be freaking mad at Phoenix for throwing $100 million for a suburban development while I am trying to make ends meet with a 35 story high-rise downtown.

-Andrew
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:47 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.