HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 26, 2007, 6:16 AM

Downtown Los Angeles - The Many Sides Of The City

Downtown LA is probably one of the most diverse of american downtowns. There are so many sections, that most people don't even realize this. Also since hardly anyone even ventured into these areas of downtown, and I personally get tired of seeing the same scenes. I decided to take my camera and get some scenes of less photographed parts of downtown.
Be warned it was a bad day for taking pictures, and the fact that I should have been in the area earlier in the morning for better lighting didn't help. I also apologize for my camera, its on its last legs. Hopefully I can purchase one for my upcoming trip to Europe this fall. Anyway I thought I still share them, so please enjoy.

We'll start off in Little Tokyo

Yeah another trendy Pinkberry's Frozen Yogurt opening soon

Union Station

Where the city of LA began, more known as Olvera Street to the locals.

Arts District

Mmm, my now favorite coffee company, they have the best espresso I've tasted. For those who love cappuccino's its a place you have to check out when you visit LA

Next Stop Chinatown

DASH buses are the best thing that happened for downtown LA, and now many of the city's neighborhoods have them. 25 cents will get you anywhere.

The Last Stop was along the Gold Line, and this is one of the many TOD's being built around Los Angeles. Although this is not in downtown LA, but its only three stations to Union Station, and perhaps a 5-7 mins ride. I can't say I was all that crazy about the design, but the interior on the loft style units I visited was impressive and nice size of almost 1300 sq feet for a 1 bedroom loft. Price was $424,000 for that unit.

Yuck, I wouldn't want a unit facing that autoshop across the street.

They also had rentals, as there seem to be several different complexes built near this gold line station.

Last edited by ChrisLA; May 30, 2007 at 10:42 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos