HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2007, 11:42 PM
Phillip Phillip is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 562
Well maybe those numbers I saw yesterday were an aberration because right now the numbers are:

Sac-4
Bay-6
Southland-10
San Diego-0

I guess everyone in San Diego is surfing.

A couple more thoughts about the new board architecture. First, I really like the idea of grouping threads by area. It's an improvement.

I don't like the title "Southland" so much though. "Southland" isn't a way I often hear people refer to L.A. and environs. I think readers from other states and countries might not recognize "Southland" as where the L.A. posts are located. I guess I would prefer "L.A." or "L.A./Orange County".

Also, should there be an "Other" category? It doesn't happen often but occasionally there are development stories that don't fit in any of the four categories. Last week I saw a story about an abandoned old hotel in Downtown Stockton being restored to a nightclub. There are a couple of 30+ story towers under consideration in Bakersfield. Where should stories like that go?

edited to add: I just see now that there's a thread for providing feedback about the new categories. I'll repost these comments there.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:03 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.