HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Capitol Grand Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Sacramento Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 17, 2007, 3:40 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSac View Post
Thanks for finding and posting that pic; I remember that proposal. I still think that combo of buildings makes an excellent block. I've always been a fan of mansard roofs, and that tiered design is awesome!

BTW, what happened to the idea of lighting the cal epa building on the top; i swear that was in the orginal design, and when the hell are they going to light ziggurnat. I'm glad you are in town making a splash, we need more like you! Please dont go back to nyc although im sure its tempting; im getting the itch for another visit.

The city council really pushed Mansard roofs back in the 80's...

They were trying to play off the historical significance of the Cal West (The "Citizen Hotel") and the Elks Building..

In fact the first proposal for the Riverfront Embassy Suites had a Mansard roof......

I like the latests desing for the CG.

I just wonder how much influence the California Medical Assoicaiton will have at seeing it thorugh to construction???

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive