HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 2, 2007, 3:58 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
In the early days Manitoba was mostly boreal forest and muskeg. Much of the muskeg was drained to produce the prairie and interlake region we see today. Incidentally, have you ever wondered why the mosquito population is so high in Manitoba?

And to start an entirely different flamewar (because somehow some people think this was intended as an AB vs SK vs MB thread ), I'll take the Kenora-Vermillion Bay area over the Whiteshell anyday. Better fishing, far fewer cottages, and just more remoteness in general. Also, some actual hilly terrain.

There, now shut up about what is and isn't a prairie province, and tell me why NW Ontario sucks instead!

On a positive note, at least NO ONE has tried to claim the "Oasis" (locals will know what I'm talking about), nor the Birds Hill Park "lake" as a positive outdoor feature in Manitoba. There's hope for you folks yet!
birds hill is meh..

but whats oasis?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan